This is us, Torie on the left and Kaitlyn on the right. (April 2013)

This is us, Torie on the left and Kaitlyn on the right. (April 2013)

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quotes and Thoughts


Here's a quote from the first week of Bible study and some thoughts to follow.

Three types of Christians:
The caster oil type: "It's bitter, but it's good for what ails you."
The shredded wheat type: "It's dry, but nourishing."
The strawberries and cream type: "They can't get enough of it!"

Now, I'll be honest.. When I first read this I was pretty convicted! Because (again, being honest) I'm not in the Word all the time, I haven't gotten to the place where I find great joy in reading my Bible.. It really gave me something to think about. Thinking about where I am, and where I want to be and knowing those places aren't the same. What kind of Christian are you? What kind of Christian do you want to be?
The study also said this,

We should grab for the Word like a baby grabs for a bottle. We need to crave the Word of God. We develop that kind of taste for the Bible by spending time in it.


That is such a wonderful analogy taken straight out of the Bible(found in 1 Peter 2:2)!
Now not only have I figured out that I'm not the type of Christian I want to be, but I also know how to fix it! And you do too. Take these things into consideration and really think for yourself about where you are and want to be. If you're not where you want to be, strive to get there.

- Quotes from Howard Hendricks. -

No comments:

Post a Comment