This is us, Torie on the left and Kaitlyn on the right. (April 2013)

This is us, Torie on the left and Kaitlyn on the right. (April 2013)

Monday, March 25, 2013

Goodbye Starbucks...

Alright everyone, this is gonna be a bit of a long post, so bear with me please! :) Here we go...  

      Apparently, Starbucks wants to "embrace diversities of all kinds." Just not the kind of diversity that believes marriage should be between a man and a woman. When confronted about the drop in stocks, CEO Howard Schultz responded that, if the man didn't like the results, he could sell his stocks and invest in another business.

     I wonder what would happen to Starbucks if all of their Christian/Conservative costumers stopped buying from them? I know personally several Christians who work there, and many more who enjoy their coffee. I even used to have Bible studies at Starbucks! I wonder how many employees they would lose?..


Now a bit deeper into the homosexuality part...

       The thing that bothers me the most is that so many people think that just because we don't agree with homosexuality, we're "homophobic." I'm pretty sure that's not even a real fear. I'm not afraid of homosexuals, or paranoid, or disgusted. I'm not saying there aren't people who are, but just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I hate gay people. I love them. I just don't love the fact that they're living in sin. Just the way God loves them, not the way they're living. (Leviticus 18:22) People think we're hypocrites because we talk about loving everyone, and then tell homosexuals that what they do is wrong. But the real hypocrites are those who go to church, know what the Bible says about homosexuality, and then go out and tell everyone that it's ok and God loves them no matter what they do. Those are the people who don't really care, because they're lying to you. (Romans 1:32) Just because we try to talk to people about it, and share that it's not the right thing to be doing, doesn't mean we hate them or that we're afraid of them. It shows that we love them and that we want them to see the truth. (Matthew 19:4-6)

    We all live in sin, but we can't just say "oh, God loves me anyways, so I can keep doing this and that." That's not the way it works. We need to repent, ask forgiveness, and ask for His help to change and get through the sin we're struggling with. Telling others that they can keep living in their sin isn't showing Christ's love, it's pacifying them and tickling their ears with what they want to hear. 


And, back to Starbucks..

Just a few of my thoughts on the matter. Below is a link to the article that talks about Starbucks and their CEO incase you want to check it out! I think we should spread the word to our friends who haven't heard about this yet. I understand that we can't boycott every company that agrees with homosexuality, but I think this is one that really needs to be heard about. You know, since it's not being blasted all over the media like Chick-Fil-A was. *exasperated tone* But that's an entire new rant in itself.. ;P

http://www.examiner.com/article/starbucks-ceo-no-tolerance-for-traditional-marriage-supporters

No comments:

Post a Comment