This is us, Torie on the left and Kaitlyn on the right. (April 2013)

This is us, Torie on the left and Kaitlyn on the right. (April 2013)

Saturday, May 10, 2014

God's surprise!

So this past Thursday at VOA (Volunteers of America), my friend Leah and I decided to go sit by this lady who was all by herself. Her name was Cocoa (I'm not entirely sure if she spells it that way though), she has two kids, and she's from Africa! As we started talking to her we got to find out a little bit about what she's gone through, and as she was telling us I just really felt like I needed to offer to pray for her. I was afraid to ask though, because I didn't want to weird her out or anything. (And for those of you who know me, you know that I'm not usually the first to offer to pray out loud, or do anything involving speaking in front of other people haha. So it was definitely the Holy Spirit moving!) So I thought I'd just wait a few weeks until we got to know her a little better. Then as the conversation went on she asked us if we were in school, and as Leah started to tell her about Youth With A Mission she just looked at us in surprise and told us that she was in YWAM before! The look on her face was a mix of shock, excitement, and comfort. She continued to tell us about how she did her DTS in 1996 in Kona, and about a few other secondary schools she went to. As she was talking to us about it she teared up a few times, and it was just so moving! I didn't even know what to say because I was so excited about what was happening. We could tell that she definitely needed that at that moment, to hear about YWAM. It was so neat to see how the Lord had drawn us to talk to this woman, and watch Him totally work in the situation for each of our lives. He totally took over and gave me the words and courage to pray for her, and it was so awesome to see the Lord's faithfulness to me, how through Him I truly can do anything! Now I can't wait to see her every Thursday to see how she's been doing and how the Lord has been moving in her life. Typing out this story does it no justice, because words can't describe what was experienced! It was just such an exciting night, like God had given me just a little glimpse of what I'll be experiencing on outreach in Peru this summer, and in life in general as I continue to obey the Holy Spirit and walk in His plan for my life! 
So yeah! That was my big experience from this past week, and I can't wait to see what God will show me next! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment